Project Development and Management
Project Development and Management Expertise
Avoid costly project oversights, operational headaches and mistakes
Norton Engineering has decades of experience both developing and managing a variety of different projects throughout the refinery and petrochemical industry. An extremely productive team produces detailed information while early forecasting saves clients’ time and money.
We have developed a tried and true project management system that defines project goals, establishes clear lines of communication, sets expectations and enables easy verification of the progress of those expectations, and allows the project manager as well as the rest of the project team to track the progress of the job to keep costs and manpower to a minimum.
NEC Project Management expertise includes:
Project Development (FEL-0,1,2)
- Initial project scoping to define objectives and review all possible options.
- Development of full project scope to ensure accurate cost estimating, including impact on other plant systems (utilities, etc.)
- Process Modeling and development of Heat & Material Balances – including dynamic modeling of transient conditions.
- Process Flow Diagram (PFD) markup and updates.
- P&ID development and markup for project scope.
- Equipment scoping and development of process data sheets.
- Instrumentation scoping and development of control schemes.
- Cost estimate development for different phases of project and with varying accuracy.
- Commercial and technical evaluations
- Contractor recommendations Proposal preparation
- Source testing protocol document preparation
- Project planning, engineering design, procurement, equipment fabrication and delivery
- Start-up scheduling
- Project size: 0.5 – 50 M$
- Environmental permitting to support both operations and project execution
- FCCU operating permits and environmental control facilities permitting
- FCU operating and construction permits
- Negotiations with regulatory authorities for environmental permit approval
- Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Start-up phases
- Cost Control and Contract Change Management CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISION
- Technical Advisor
- Performance Testing, Start-up FABRICATION
- Supplier evaluations and selection
- Contract Negotiations
- Fabrication cycle management
- Deliveries sequencing and logistics
- Process Specific Quality Assurance/Control OWNER’S ENGINEER
- FEL design leader in Contractor’s offices
- Post FEL project follow-up. Process and equipment specific
- Detailed design follow-up
- HAZOP reviews
- “Cold Eyes” reviews
Project Reviews and Facilitation
- GAP Analysis
- Value Engineering (Cost Reduction)